Saturday, March 2, 2013

Nexxus Hydra-light

So I got a great opportunity to try a new product from Nexxus, it's called Hydra-light and it's claims refreshing hydration and natural fullness for your hair. Well I got the shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner and a root lift mist.

So right off the bat I am sceptical because I am very low maintenance when it comes to my hair, I hate all the muss and fuss and putting all these products in my hair. So I started gradually the first day just using the shampoo and conditioner, let me say that my hair felt super clean. It was bouncy and I felt fuller, I just couldn't keep my hands out of it all day! So the next day I decide to jump in with both feet and use all 4 products the way the bottles direct you to. Now I am even more sceptical because I always thought you didn't have to use both conditioner and leave in conditioner. . . wrong. Apparently conditioner releases current tangles and the leave in conditioner tames "future" tangles. I have a huge problem that half way through the day I end up with a huge rats nest at the back of my neck from my hair rubbing on my shirt, since I have started using both conditioners, I haven't had that knotting!

All in all the products leave my hair feeling a little more full of life then before, the scent is light but great, and my hair feels very clean. The leave in conditioner keeps the tangles at bay while leaving my hair shiny and slick. I could do with out the root lift mist I didn't feel it did very much other then leave my hair stuck together and gave it a straw like appearance if I didn't break it up. The problems that I did have with this product were the price (ranging from $9.99-$14.99 per bottle) and the fact that it's definitely a daily use item. My hair was left looking greasier then normal on the second day.

Bottom Line: If I were going to splurge it would just be for the leave in conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment